Thursday, September 8, 2011

New life so far

So we are officially in the cities, a nice apartment in Plymouth. It's been a rough start working, but I'm proud of her. It's tough to begin a new job in a new town when you spend 30 minutes looking for a bra by ripping open boxes with keys because you packed the knives somewhere and your hands hurt from moving boxes. All the moving worries are amplified - did we do the right thing, are things going to work out here, will we ever get everything put away and start feeling like we're at home? After living in Fargo for 8 years, I'd say half of them I felt at home, the last I felt like an outsider just waiting to leave. Now it's happened, and I don't know what next week will bring, and I'm still tired-drunk from moving and sleeping in a new place, mattress on the floor with the sleeping bag on top of it. The wedding is 100 days away, we've got a lot to learn, do, and figure out before then.

The best thing is I've been able to reach out to people that I couldn't before because I didn't want to tip my hand that I was looking for jobs. Now that I have, the network system is hard at work. I have an open invitation from a Pioneer Press editor to call her for a drive by coffee. I have other people in companies that may be able to hook up a position. It's exciting to have so much to do, but I have to find tomorrow's change of clothes somewhere in the boxes first.

This will be short. Not as fluid as the other posts. A full day of moving can drain a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment