Thursday, August 25, 2011

Today our lives changed


So the fiancé got a job offer today. She interviewed at 9 this morning and was driving home. She just got into Fargo and ended up missing her turn and getting lost in West Fargo (or Shelbyville as I call it in my head).

The job hunt had taken a turn after the post a few weeks ago. Although she had applied to one job, she impressed them enough to ask her to apply for a different job. But since then, it's been weeks of not knowing what was going on, and if it was going to happen. It was brutal. 

The guy was ecstatic to tell her she was green lit for the job, and only has to meet with the dean in the next three business days to make sure she isn’t an axe murderer. Then she will be starting the week of Labor Day.

I can’t express how incredibly wonderful this is. We will be escaping Fargo soon. Now to just sell the house, move, prepare for a wedding, start my job search in earnest, figure out how to leave my current position, and so on and so forth.



I want to dance. I want to scream.

I want to run naked out of the office.



Fiance called her mother to tell her the good news. Her mother said, “Well, it isn’t really a job offer yet if you have to meet with the dean.”

Mothers.

Sigh.

I want to do cartwheels.


But I have to remain stoic for now until we figure out the next step for me.

I’ll do what my family has always done. Bottle those feelings up tight.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

(Old Cheers joke) Go to 5:50 in below clip.


2 comments:

  1. I think the first photo best sums up the feeling of finally getting something you've been wanting for ages. Congratulations to her, and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I feel weak, like I've just done karaoke. (I karaoke hard, so no teasing). I'm ready to just lie on the floor and shake for a good half hour.

    ReplyDelete