Monday, May 21, 2012

Open letter to the little shits upstairs


Yes, I hear you, tromping around your apartment on an urgent mission to calm down the wildebeasts that live with you. Sometimes I think your actions only urge the clomping beasts on.

You sometimes drop toys off the balcony, and trek outside to get them back. The time you went to get a ping pong ball and tried to hit it up to your balcony while I was sitting RIGHT THERE was awesome, The way the ball bounced off the window behind me.

I hate you, stupid 10 year old kid. I absolutely hate you.

Every time I go out on the balcony to have a smoke, you run to the door and yell “stupid smoke” and slam the door shut. Lean closer, I have a secret.

I only smoke for you now.

I don’t smoke unless I’m at home, on the balcony, and able to slowly give you cancer. I don’t smoke at work. I don’t smoke out and about. But first thing in the morning, and at home in the evening, I want to slowly kill you.

I could play loud music, but I’m not a fan of loud music myself, and it would hit the innocent neighbors next door. Smoke has a wonderful directional quality. I can take a deep breath and shoot it right up between the slats of your balcony.

I actually planned to quit this week now that I’m working full time and life sucks a lot less, I don’t need it to just get through the day without wanting to harm things. Funny, now instead of keeping me from hurting myself and others, I’m smoking to hurt you, you little shit.

Life was great for the three months before you moved in. With you menagerie of elephants, wildebeasts, and ponies.

Some day, I’ll come up with a machine that smokes the cigarettes for me. Just for your pleasure. Until then, please breathe deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment