Friday, February 3, 2012

A dialog with the bank


Me: Hello?

Bank: Hello! I’m returning the call you made about getting a month extension on the loan?

Me: Yeah, you did this magic thing in November so I just paid $40 to cover the interest. Wondering if that could happen again since I am still unemployed?

Bank: We love to work with our customers here at Gate City Bank, but since we did that before, we can’t do it again. You will have to make the regular payment to avoid any difficulties.

Me: Yeah. I have $19 to my name.

Bank: … We could set up a payment system.

Me: A payment system?

Bank: Yes, since the payment isn’t really due for 10 days after the due date, you could do half now and half after 10 days.

Me: I have $19 to my name.

Bank: We love to work with our customers here at Gate City Bank. Is there some way you can borrow the payment?

Me: Yeah, I’ve drained what I can of my 401k, cashed out my life insurance, and have pawned anything of value that won’t help me get another job. Still waiting for a job offer. I’m applying to 30 jobs a week, regardless of what it is. That doesn’t change the fact that I’ve reached the point where I have $19.

Bank: Do you get unemployment? 
Me: No. I don't since I got married two months after I moved.

Bank: Well, here is my number, please let me know if your situation changes. If you work at it diligently, I’m sure you’ll be employed again soon.

Me: So, no go on the extension?

Bank: We’ll have to keep on the same payment schedule.

Me: (wishing I said, I guess I’ll hear from you soon when you try to withdraw the payment and there’s no money there) OK. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment