Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Email I sent to wife yesterday


OK, what the shit.

The doctor says I have the beginning of a sinus and ear infection. I have her send the prescription to Walgreens. 

I get to walgreens, and they haven't finished it yet. then they want to charge me 88 dollars. I flash my insurance card. He says the computers are down and they could do this thing where they charge me 88 and then I would come back..
"Can you send it over to Target?"

He does. I go over to Target, where they just got the call and it will be 15 minutes. I sit on the bench, trying to remain conscious and upright. I haven't eaten since breakfast, I haven't had anything to drink since 10. It's now almost 4. My head is killing me.

I get the pills for 10 dollars. Then start heading home. 

About halfway home, I notice my wedding ring is not on me. 

It should be. 

I empty all my pockets while at a stoplight. Nothing. 

Fuck fuck fuck. 

I turn the car around and head back to Target. 

I park, walk in in a relatively straight line, wondering how long I can remain on my feet. So dizzy. 

I get to the bench I was sitting on. There's someone there. Nothing under her. I am sweating. 

I decide to get in line again to file a lost and found report. I get in line. Look down. And there is the ring. 

Thank jebus. 

I pick it up, slip it on, and head home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment