Wednesday, April 20, 2011

First post: Who I am

My first blog post:

Thanks for checking this out! I thought I would cobble together a slapdash mission statement of sorts for this first post, in case later on you happened across this site and are wondering who the heck is writing this and why you should put your plans for world domination on hold for a few brief minutes to let your eyeballs scan this page for something, anything that might provide a bit of merriment, a touch of meaning, or a wisp of relief in knowing there’s someone out there sort of like you. I think we all want a little of that.

I’m a professional writer who makes no pretense at spelling. I’m using this blog to vent some creativity and frustration that if unchecked would build up to dangerous proportions. I have chips on my shoulder about institutions, the American Dream mythology, the American myth as portrayed in local and national media, and many others that will be touched on in the months to come. 

I’m trying to keep this anonymous for many reasons.

I’ll also try to keep it light.

Thanks,

Fargo Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment