Saturday, March 24, 2012

Good Problems


What a Friday.

I’m finishing week four of a 1-2 week job, inputting data, quality assurance stuff. Rather dull, but I’m still glad for the work. The supervisor asks me to come in on Tuesday, which will be my last day.

I’ve got a part-time job for 20 an hour writing for a legal company, but that won’t start for a couple weeks. But hey, even part time there will pay better than a week at Sears. Glad I didn't take that job.

Last week, I got tired of waiting for this creative talent staffing company to find me something, so I sent a somewhat snarky note. The last email I had gotten from them said they were working hard to find the best opportunity for me. I emailed back “You don’t need to work too hard, I’ll be happy with the second best opportunity.” For some reason, that got them looking for me after 4 months of not hearing from them, resulting in that part time gig.

Then Friday. I got a call from them to meet with a company on Monday that is looking for a temp to hire writing position for 22 an hour. Then I got a call from the other staffing place asking if I want to start Wednesday on a 1-2 month temp job for a legal office doing a lot of typing and Word stuff for 14.50 an hour. I said I could give them a firm answer on Monday, but the time commitment might be an issue. She seemed OK with that.

So after so long, I now have a part time gig, a temp gig, and a potential temp-to-hire gig all happening at the same damn time.

To top it off, I got home and in the mail was a late, but very very appreciated wedding gift that brought tears to wife's eyes and warmed my lumpy black heart and made me wish I could give the sender a big hug of thanks. 

I then started to update Wife on the phone calls I'd gotten since we last talked at noon.

Wife: Your life is ridiculous.

Me: You’re telling me.

Wife: I forbid you to keep talking about your latest phone call. It makes my brain hurt.

Me: gwaaahahahuuuu. Me brain hurt. Good problems.

5 comments:

  1. This is marvelous news! I hope whatever result comes of it is the best possible option for you. You deserve it after waiting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never rains but it pours. Sometimes it feels good to activate a crappy cliche :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take a cliche anytime. It's better than the cliche of being one of the many jobless people. Yee Gods.

    Today I walked into the library and got two free tickets to the Minnesota Zoo. I've been looking nearly every day for the past week, but they only put them out at random, and they get snatched up quickly. The librarian said I was very lucky to get it. So we'll be going to the Zoo next saturday, the day every exhibit opens for the summer.

    I bought a lotto ticket on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the words of the last knight in Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade; "You must choose, but choose wisely. For as the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you." Definitely good problems to have!

    ReplyDelete